It might sound silly, but you may be subconsciously hiding from your intended. Read up on seven common ways we sidestep our soulmate when looking for love.
What is a soulmate?
A soulmate is someone who is attracted to your soul or your true spiritual essence. Soulmate relationships are harmonious and deeply nourishing on a spiritual level. Your soulmate will be attracted to your radiant essence and passionate commitment to your soul purpose. Before you were born, your souls agreed to work and play together in service to a higher spiritual intention.
So if you’re not enjoying your soulmate yet, consider these seven explanations.
1) You’re not really being you.
I often hear singles say, “I want someone who loves the true me.” But have you met the true you yet?
Let me introduce you: The true you is a unique flavor of infinite love expressed in human form. Chances are you are not currently living that version of yourself, but it’s not your fault (and we’ll get to that).
2) You’re unconsciously attracting the wrong people.
Your soulmate will be attracted to your authentic soul signal (a specific vibe that originates from your heart and soul and is unique to you). The trouble is, it’s covered over and distorted by layers of “not really you” energy.
Nearly everyone has repressed emotions because we’ve been conditioned to be nice, act happy, keep quiet, and keep the peace. The emotions you have not wanted to acknowledge, feel, and express have been accumulating throughout your life. You may have picked up fear, guilt, or sadness from other people and you may be carrying it with you.
Not only does this wall of repressed emotions block your soul signal, it’s broadcasting those emotions into the world. The Law of Attraction states like energy attracts like energy. This could explain some of the angry, sad, or fearful people you keep running into.
3) The subconscious mind is distorting your true soul signal.
Your subconscious mind was created in the first seven years of your life. Early childhood development experts have proven that our brains are in a hypnotic state during this period. We download everything in the environment without filters—including the beliefs, attitudes, habits, and behaviors of our family. The true you is nowhere to be found in your subconscious. Not you, not there.
4) Your relationship program is stuck on repeat.
Your relationship program is a collection of subconscious beliefs that you absorbed in childhood about men, women, love, power, integrity, and whom you can trust. It includes your automatic defense strategies to avoid getting hurt. Since it’s a program, it just keeps repeating. It attracts the same childhood relationship issues over and over, disguised by different faces. It doesn’t reflect the unique expression of infinite love that you really are deep inside.
5) You’re not in your right mind 90 percent of the time.
Neuroscientists have proven that most people operate from the conscious mind only 5-10 percent of their waking hours. This is when you are fully aware in the present moment and making healthy choices. The trouble is, the other 90 percent of the time, your body is on automatic pilot while your mind is in the past or future, endlessly replaying thought patterns. When the subconscious takes over, you are vulnerable to automatic reactions when your emotional buttons are pushed.
6) You’re not in the right place.
Your soulmate isn’t looking for you in bars and coffee shops unless your passion is drinking or your soul purpose has something to do with coffee and pastries. Your soulmate feels whole and complete, and is out in the world making a difference. What are you passionate about? What contribution did you come to make in the world? Instead of waiting, get out and do what brings you joy because your soulmate has the same passion and purpose.
7) Your ego prefers familiarity to harmony.
Even though your conscious mind wants a soul-nourishing partner, your ego wants what is familiar. At this point in your life, your ego is an old, obsolete program that’s part of your subconscious mind. It’s a database of beliefs and programmed reactions. It is not the true you. Your ego’s job is to protect and maintain that early identity, and will go to any length to do its job. The ego in the subconscious mind doesn’t care how much pain you’ve suffered in your relationships because the mind can‘t feel emotions. And pain is part of the familiar program.
Sadly, your beautiful soul signal is filtered and distorted. So what you attract are ego mates who share the same issues at the subconscious level. The Soul-ution is to dissolve those false layers with the power of infinite love that you really are at the core of your being. Let your soul shine forth like a lighthouse and your soulmate will find you.
I’ll get my sunglasses ready.