Are negative thoughts or fears about online dating stopping you from embracing this path? Try adjusting your attitude, flood your heart with possibility.
Online dating is a great way to meet a lot of single people, yet some people seem extremely frustrated by it. Why is that? Could it be they are not doing it right, or perhaps their mindset is throwing them off? As they say, “Your thoughts become things.” Could it only be your mindset?
If you are online dating or you would like to start, I highly recommend focusing on your mindset before you enter these waters. It could be the difference between an enjoyable and successful experience, and one you’d rather forget. If meeting an awesome partner and being in a fabulous relationship is your goal, what often inhibits this path, and ultimately causes not-so-good results is—your thoughts.
But this doesn’t have to be the case, let’s ensure your online dating experience will be as fun, easy and successful as possible!
If you are currently online dating, or just beginning your online dating experience with any of the thoughts in the following list, we have some work to do. Adjusting your attitude is usually the key to the kingdom of attracting and receiving the best results possible to you.
First, let’s identify what disempowering thoughts could be currently in your way. Do you find yourself saying one of the following to yourself?
- is a big jungle, full of scams.
- takes a lot of time. I have to email people and respond to emails.
- is lame. No one emails me back.
- is hard. People disappear without warning.
- is full of creeps and weirdos lurking out there.
- is scary.
- is complicated. Many people lie about their age, weight, height and everything else.
- is frustrating. Seems like people are just playing the field and not interested in a monogamous relationship.
- is discouraging. I can’t hold someone’s attention via email, much less go out on an actual date.
- is creepy. It seems like people just want to meet and have sex.
- is confusing. I don’t know how to do this.
Was I able to capture your most negative view of online dating? If I didn’t, think about yours for a minute. If you do not have one, that’s a very good sign, and you are well on your way. If you do have one, that’s good news because now we can change it to alter the results you are producing. Yay!
If you are currently hearing one or more of those thoughts in your head while you’re thinking about online dating or while in the online dating process, it’s okay. They’re not uncommon. However, holding these thoughts in your head, consciously or unconsciously, can be a recipe for disaster.
Remember the phrase, “Your thoughts create things!”
Whether you’re searching for a mate online or actively dating, a positive brain pattern is the number one route to your relationship success. To give you the best possible chance of an outstanding experience online dating, including meeting someone awesome, I recommend leaving the negative and disempowering thoughts at the door.
Instead, pick one of these optimistic, positive thoughts below. Consider it to be your new success mantra for online dating. Which one of these calls to you?
Pick the one that most calls to your heart:
- Online dating is exciting and fun.
- I will meet the love of my life through these dating services.
- I can’t wait to see who I meet online. I welcome attracting quality people to myself.
- People are waiting to meet a great person like me.
- I’m attracting someone who is a great fit for me and who wants to be in a relationship.
- I have met the man or woman of my dreams through online dating.
Did you find a thought that you can hold in your mind and heart to create good energy while you’re searching profiles, writing people back and dating online?
Do you love these new thoughts more? Do they make you feel more empowered and energized? Do they feel more positive and good inside?
To keep your new thought alive, I recommend posting this new energizing thought somewhere you can see it. Our minds tend to forget things. Be sure you can see it until it becomes a conscious thought you actually believe. Learning to believe it is an important part of the process too.
“By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.” -Franz Kafka
I hope you were able to find yourself a new, fun and optimistic thought to replace the one invisibly standing in your path to love and romance. Have a super fun time online dating and meeting the love of your life. If I can support and help you in any way, please reach out. Have a blast and keep your mind positive. Your thoughts will help you in your search for your ideal partner.
[image: via shutterstock]