Can love for a city help manifest love in your life? If you adore Denver they way we do, we think so! Find out why Denver’s the best city to find love.
I moved to sunny Denver, from dreary Philadelphia, in 2007. A few years later, I met the love of my life on a dating website. He lived eight blocks away from me and we realized we had in fact crossed paths before we officially met. If you asked me, I’d definitely say Denver is the hottest city to find love, even if it is in the convoluted way I did! But don’t take my obviously biased word for it.
Keep reading to see what the surveys say…
- Today states that 47 percent of singles in Denver report that they went out with someone they met online. (That number is sure to be on the rise with meetmindful.com’s new online dating app!)
- Marie Claire notes that from 2008 to 2010, Denver gained the most 25-to-34-year-olds of any large U.S. metro area. And, because of hundreds of days of sunshine for skiing, hiking, biking, climbing and rafting there’s always an opportunity to be meeting new people.
- The Washington Times says Denver, because of its natural beauty, is one of the top 15 cities in the country to start a romance. It’s easier to stay beautiful when you have a beautiful outdoor backdrop to host your recreational experiences.
- 5280 reports that the low humidity makes Denver one of the best hair cities in the world. Consistently good hair days mean less stress when looking for love if you ask me!
- The Daily Beast gives Denver an “A” rating for social life quotient, which is defined as, “how many restaurants and bars there are per 21+ adults, as a proxy for meeting opportunities.” Don’t like the prospects where you are? Keep moving along, there are a plethora of restaurants and bars filled with singles just waiting for you.
- NerdWallet includes Denver in its top 20 list of Best Cities for Singles according to availability of singles, dating affordability and social scene. (Social scene included amount and walkability. So, not only are there more opportunities to meet someone, but chances are they’re just down the street!)
- Forbes highlighted Zillow’s “In the Move for Love Index,” which ranked the top 150 cities for singles 35 and under to relocate for love. Using the Zillow Rent Index versus the median income, walkability and the ratio and abundance of single males to single females, Zillow placed Denver in the top 10. So basically not only can you get a great apartment, but your neighbor could become your next date!
- Shape includes Denver in its top 10 list for single women because of all the healthy things happening, including low obesity levels, numerous outdoor activities and a favorable male-to-female ratio that means there’s a high probability of meeting an outdoorsy guy on the trail with his dog. I’d give Denver bonus points for being dog-friendly!
- Travel + Leisure lists Denver in its list of top five cities for adventure and ski vacations. I say come for the adventure and skiing and stay on to further connect with the other singles you met on the slopes.
- The Delicious Day lifestyle blog has an entire feature story on why Denver is the best city in the United States. Singles living in Denver are just plain happier and isn’t it way more fun to date happy people in a sunny city that’s one of the best – if not the best – in the United States?